Sunday, May 11, 2014

A brief history of my intro into mopeds

Ever since my first moped ride on my friends Peugeot 102, I was hooked. 
As much as I can appreciate the function of motorcycles and scooters (especially in an urban environment) I have never been able to wrap my head around the design.  Motorcycles are great fun and have their place. Scooters can be fun too, but, in my eyes, nothing beats a moped. 

I love to go fast on them, 
I love to go slow on them. I like to do stunts with them and I like to ride them to work. 
I love going on big rally rides and destroying the streets solo….



I bought my first moped (a Puch Maxi) a few weeks later, from this dude.


It was a “Maxi” that had been passed around a few times but, I didn’t care. I now had a moped of my own that I could swarm and destroy with. ….And swarm and destroy I did.






Shortly thereafter, being a noob, I felt the need to upgrade.
 I made all kinds of wonderful noob mistakes including but not limited to: buying a ridiculous kit, buying a carburetor the size of a small-block Chevy, crashing in the rain, crashing in the sunshine, crashing into cars, crashing into nothing at all, destroying pistons from running too lean, destroying pistons from air-leaks, making stupid maxi-body modifications, etc
































It was a lot of heartbreak followed by a lot of fun followed by heartbreak followed by fun……I can thankfully say that I’ve learned a lot since that Maxi but, Im glad its over….




















GOOD LUCK WAYNE!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment